5 Reasons an overseas money transfer makes the perfect Christmas gift
Finding the perfect Christmas gift for loved ones living abroad can be very challenging. An overseas money transfer takes all the hassle out of Christmas shopping. Here are some of the reasons a money transfer makes sense for treating loved ones overseas.
1. Quick and efficient
An electronic transfer into a loved one’s account is usually the most efficient way of sending money overseas, and much quicker than sending a package via post. It’s ideal if you’re a last-minute shopper, or just forgot to get a gift (we’ve all been there).
2. Reliable and secure
Sending parcels overseas run the risk of weather delays, getting damaged in transit or getting lost on the way. An electronic money transfer is a far more reliable option. You’re in complete control of where the money is being sent, and we can help you track your transfer if you have any concerns.
3. The simple way to send funds overseas
Simply complete and submit our form including the name and address of the person receiving the funds, as well as details for the bank account you want to pay. Then let us take care of the rest (no gift wrapping required).
4. Make your dollar go further
We work with Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS) to ensure you have access to competitive foreign exchange rates3.
5. Wide range of currencies available
Electronic money transfers can be carried out in most international currencies – you can view a full list and details here.
So, whether the special treat you want to send to friends or family is in British Pounds, Chinese Yuan, or Costa Rican Colon (yes, that’s a currency), you should be sorted.
Ready to make a transfer to a loved one overseas? We can help.
Please note that fees & charges and terms & conditions apply to telegraphic transfers and drafts.
Foreign exchange services including drafts are issued by Western Union Business Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 24 150 129 749 AFSL 404092 trading as Western Union Business Solutions (“WUBS”). WUBS is an operating division of the Western Union Company. Please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (“PDS”) and any other relevant WUBS documents before you decide whether or not a draft is the right financial product for you. These documents are available either from CUA or on the compliance section of the WUBS website.
Any advice contained on this website is general advice only and does not take into account your objectives, financial position or needs (your ‘circumstances’). Before making a decision whether to purchase or continue to hold this product, please consider whether any advice is appropriate for your circumstances.
Any products and services described in this document are provided by CUA. The relationship relating to these financial products is solely between you and CUA. WUBS does not give you any advice, general, personal or otherwise. Any advice provided, is provided by CUA or your adviser.
- Payments are usually received by the bank beneficiary within 2 to 3 business days. There is no delivery period guarantee. Some currencies may take longer than others to process.
- Intermediary banks sometimes levy a fee or charge. Any such fees or charges are beyond the control of CUA or WUBS.
- WUBS conduct periodic comparisons against publicly available rates for comparable services from 4 Australian banks.
- The prices quoted on this page are an indicative rate only and are subject to change throughout the day and does not include any fees which may be applied by Credit Union Australia Ltd. The actual rate that will apply is the prevailing Western Union Business Solutions rate for your transaction type at the time and date the transaction is processed.