In this privacy notice, “we”, “us”, “our” means Credit Union Australia Limited (trading as Great Southern Bank). References to “your information” are to personal information about you, including credit information and credit eligibility information.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information directly or from third parties. Those third parties are listed below.
Why we collect your personal information
We use your information to identify you, assess your credit worthiness, to set up and manage your membership, accounts and relationship with us (including related rewards and insurance programs) and to undertake research and development. In many instances, collection of your information is required by law, for example, under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009. Without collecting your information we may be unable to provide you with our products.
We also use your information for other purposes, including keeping you informed about products and services issued and distributed by us or our related entities.
Who we share your information with
We may collect and disclose your information to and from third parties, including:
- Our agents, assignees and contractors
- Our service providers including those used for identity verification, software/IT support, account management (including payments), mailing material to you, member and product research and accounting, legal and audit services
- Your referees, employers and tax agents
- Government agencies when authorised or required by law
- Courts and dispute resolution schemes
- Group entities which include Great Southern Bank, Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd and CUA Health Limited
- Credit reporting bodies and other credit providers
- Other organisations with your consent
- Managers and funding providers of securitisation facilities
- Insurers and re-insurers for policies taken out through us
- Organisations involved in the administration of our rewards program
- Debt collection agencies
Limited information, including your name and contact details, may also be shared with data aggregators and analysts (including social media and virtual community providers) to help us provide you with more personalised and timely communications. If you don’t want us sharing your information in this way please let us know and we won’t share your information in this way.
By submitting this application, you consent to:
- Great Southern Bank receiving your information from and disclosing your information to credit reporting bodies and other credit providers;
- contacting your employer or tax agent to confirm your income and employment details
- how you can access your information;
- how you can correct your information if you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- credit reporting including the name and contact details of credit reporting bodies to which we disclose your information, the types of information we disclose and your rights in relation to that information; and
- what to do is you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code, and how we will handle your complaint.
Queries can be referred to:
Privacy Dispute Officer
Ph: 133 282
GPO Box 100, Brisbane QLD 4001