Support for our members impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety and wellbeing of our members and team members is of paramount importance to CUA. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and would like to reassure our members about the steps we are taking in response.
We continue to closely monitor the advice of the Australian Government and State Government authorities to minimise the risks and ensure we can quickly respond as they issue updated information.
Financial assistance for members
We’re here to help CUA members who are currently experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 situation, or expect to face challenges in the future.
We’ve launched a Financial Assistance Package for members, to help those impacted by the COVID-19 situation. It will help provide immediate relief to impacted members, with support including the option to defer your home loan or business loan repayments for up to 6 months, the ability to extend your loan term, competitive term deposit rates and fixed home loan rates and relief for health insurance policy-holders.
- Learn more about our Financial Assistance Package
- Find out how to submit a Financial Assistance Application online
- Read our announcement: CUA unveils Financial Assistance Package to support members affected by COVID-19
Giving you flexible banking options
Banking is an essential service and CUA has robust plans in place to continue delivering safe, flexible banking and insurance services for our members.
We are doing everything we can to keep our branches open during this challenging time. Our network of branches is currently open for business as usual, other than:
- Randwick branch (NSW) - temporarily closed
- Wollongong Kiosk (Crown St), NSW - permanently closed
- Saturday trading - all CUA branches are currently closed on Saturdays.
Our team members are following the social distancing practices and self-isolation protocols recommended by the government. We’re asking our members to also do the right thing. Do not come into a branch if you are required to self-isolate for any reason, or if you are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms.
While our branches are open, CUA encourages members to practice social distancing and wherever possible, use our digital and mobile banking channels to manage your banking from home:
- CUA Online Banking
Available 24/7 at cua.com.au, you can check balances, view eStatements, pay bills, transfer money and more.
- CUA Mobile Banking app
Do your banking on your mobile phone when you’re out and about.
- Call 133 282 to speak with us or use our Telebanker Services.
- Download our iM CUA app
Access your own CUA Personal Banker through our interactive messaging app, free to download from your device’s app store.
- For cash transactions, find your nearest branch or use these services (fees and charges may apply):
- Make cash withdrawals at thousands of free ATMs across Australia, including ATMs operated by the major four banks. (Commonwealth Bank, ANZ, Westpac and NAB)
- Withdraw or deposit cash, or deposit a cheque, at any Australia Post office displaying the Bank@Post logo.
Claiming on your Loan Repayment Insurance
If you hold an existing Loan Repayment Insurance policy purchased through CUA, and your income has been impacted by COVID-19, you can:
- Contact our Insurance Services team on (07) 3552 4289, Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 5.00pm AEDT, to inquire about making a claim
- Visit our Loan Repayment Insurance web page
If you have questions about a travel insurance policy you purchased through CUA, please contact our travel insurance provider, Allianz Global Assistance.
We understand Allianz Global Assistance is currently experiencing an increased volume of calls and waiting times may be higher than usual. For claims, we encourage you to claim online at www.travelclaims.com.au and appreciate your patience.
For other inquiries relating to travel insurance:
General & Claims Enquiries
Phone: 1800 010 262
Online claim lodgement: www.travelclaims.com.au
24-hour Emergency Claims Assistance
+61 7 3305 7499 (reverse charge from overseas)
1800 010 075 (within Australia)