In this privacy notice, “we”, “us”, “our” means Credit Union Australia Limited (“CUA”) for loan applications and Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd (“Credicorp”) for loan repayment insurance. Also, references to “your information” in this privacy notice are to personal information about you, including credit information and credit eligibility information.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information directly from you or from third parties. Those third parties are listed below.
Why we collect your information
We use your information to identify you, assess your loan application, to set up and manage your membership, accounts and relationship with CUA (including related rewards and insurance programs) and to undertake research and development. In many instances, collection of your information is required by law, for example, under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006, the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and the Insurance Contracts Act 1984. Without collecting your information we may not be able to provide you with our products.
We also use your information for other purposes, including keeping you informed about products and services issued or distributed by CUA or our related entities.
Who we share your information with
- Our agents, assignees and contractors
- Our service providers including those used for identity verification, software/IT support, account management (including payments), mailing material to you, member and product research and accounting, legal and audit services
- Your referees, employers and tax agents
- Government agencies when required or authorised by law
- Courts and dispute resolution schemes
- CUA Group entities, which include CUA, Credicorp and CUA Health Limited
- Credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, including second mortgagees where applicable
- Other organisations with your consent
- Managers and funding providers of securitisation facilities
- Insurers and re-insurers for policies taken out through CUA
- Debt collection agencies
- Your guarantors and joint-borrowers
We may collect and disclose your information from and to third parties, including:
Limited information, including your name and contact details, may also be shared with data aggregators and analysts (including social media and virtual community providers) to help us provide you with more personalised and timely communications. If you don’t want us sharing your information in this way please let us know and we won’t share your information in this way.
In order to assess your loan application (including the acceptability of any guarantor) and in order to manage your credit facilities including dealing with defaults and helping you meet your obligations, you consent to us doing the following:
- receiving your information from and disclosing your information to credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, including your information relating to your credit worthiness
- contacting your employer or tax agent to confirm your income and employment details
- (for commercial credit applications only) obtaining a report containing information about your commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness from a business which provides such information, and
- giving any guarantor or co-borrower your information that relates to your loan contract, financial position, credit worthiness, credit history, credit standing and credit capacity
- how you can access your information;
- how you can correct information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- credit reporting including the name and contact details of credit reporting bodies to which we disclose your information, the types of information we disclose and your rights in relation to that information; and
- what to do if you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code, and how we will handle your complaint.
Queries can be referred to our Privacy Dispute Officer by emailing email@example.com, phoning 133 282, or writing to GPO Box 100, Brisbane QLD 4001.